SOME QUICK INFO
- 10x the average views in 24 hours for The Cat in the Hat and Consent on The Last Bookstore’s blog
- Built LA FPI (Los Angeles Female Playwrights Initiative) online presence to grow supportive community locally and nationally
- Chosen for 2011 NASA Social for Mars Curiosity Launch because of online presence
- Key Note Speaker, UK Remember Chernobyl Conference
PRIMARY SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
- Twitter @CindyMarieJ (4,220 followers)
- Instagram @CindyMarieJ (864 followers)
- Facebook Cindy Marie Jenkins (1,924 friends)
- YouTube channel (163 subscribers, 21,000 views)
- Blog Cindy Marie Jenkins (112 followers)
BOOK REVIEWS & RELATED for Dwarf+Giant, A Blog of The Last Bookstore LA
Focus on re-tellings of fairy and folk tales, mythology
- “Lost Beloveds Part 1”, Dec 2016
- “History Vs. Myth”, Dec 2016
- ”Mixed Feelings: The Cat in the Hat and Consent”, Dec 2016
- ”Decluttering Your Bookshelf”, Nov 2016
- ”The Lunar Chronicles” by Marissa Meyer, Oct 2016
- ”Dorothy Must Die” by Danielle Paige, Oct 2016
- ”Shadows of Sherwood” by Kekla Magoon,Nov 2016
- ”The Falling of the Moon” by A.E. Decker, Nov 2016
WOMEN’S ISSUES AND ART for LA FPI (Los Angeles Female Playwrights Initiative)
- “Why I Love the Web Series World”, Dec 2013
- “Inspiration Playlists”, Oct 2013
- “Art in a Time of Terror” Part 1 & Part 2, Apr 2013
- “The Suits (scoring awards shows based on the Bechdel Test)”, Jan 2013
- “Dramatizing the Complexities of an Abusive Relationship”, Nov 2012
- “The Problem with Nonprofits and Software (part 1),” Better Lemons, Jan 2017
- “What Theaters Need to Know: Courting Parents,” Better Lemons, Dec 2016
- “Marketing Fail: When Immersion Backfires,” No Proscenium, Sept 2016
- “Social Media Concierge.” TCG Circle for the National Conference on Audience & Community Engagement. June 2013.
- “Audience Building 101: Know Thyself / Know Thy Audience.” Ms In The Biz. 29 Aug. 2014.
- “Audience Building Part Two: Starting From Scratch.” Ms In The Biz. 26 Sept. 2014.
- “Audience Building Part Three: How to Find and Build Audiences.” Ms In The Biz. 23 Oct. 2014.
- “Audience Building Part Four: Social Media Timeline.” Ms In The Biz. 21 Nov. 2014.
- “Audience Building Part Five: Holidays and Hashtags.” Ms In The Biz. 22 Dec. 2014.
- “Audience Building Part Six: Get Out of Your Box.” Ms In The Biz. 23 Jan. 2015.
- “Music That Saved my Sanity in My Baby’s First Year”
- “Mixed Feelings: The Cat in the Hat and Consent”
- “Report a Loss”
- “I Hope He Recalls the Hotels”
- “The Republic: Turn the Page, Dead End,” No Proscenium, Aug 2015
- “Relevance and Empathy: Ligature Marks at Theatre Unleashed”, Feb 2015
- “The Wooster Group Enhances Memory at REDCAT.” @This Stage Magazine. 1 Dec. 2010.
- “Negotiating Newness: SDC & the Art of Capturing Stage Work for Broadcast.” @This Stage Magazine. 9 Dec. 2010.
- “Someone Who Dies Trying: Myth, Wagner, and the Human Brain.” LA Bitter Lemons. 1 June 2010.
- “5 Myths About the Hollywood Fringe Festival Budget.” LA Bitter Lemons. 11 June 2012.
- Key Note Speaker, UK Remember Chernobyl Conference
- Part 1: Fatima Quest – Workshop at The Indy Convergence
- Part 2: MYTHistory of The Son – Workshop at The Indy Convergence
- Part 3: Untitled Houdini (in process)
- Dragon Compact – Moving Arts’ The Car Plays, presented at 1st RADAR LA International Festival
- Voices From Chornobyl – Numerous workshops and readings between 2006-2011 (Los Angeles, San Diego and the UK). 9-min demo video available upon request
- Voices From Chornobyl JR – Workshops at Los Angeles Public Libraries and Hollywood Fringe Festival during 25th anniversary of accident. Curriculum packets available upon request.
- TEN – Need Theatre Company
- Workshop of The Oresteia re-telling that I turned into a novel
- The Greek Cycle Movement 1: The One True Gods
- Syzygy Theatre Company, New Play Alignments Series
- Bareface Based on Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis (Rights pending)
- Bookshop Theater @ Open Court
- C.S. Lewis Society of Southern California
- King Arthur & His Knights of the Round Table Saugus Union M.S.
- Trojan Women Based on True War Stories from the W.O.T.A.
- Blue Stockings Bookstore, NYC
- Santa Monica Rep’s Brecht Gala
- SHINE! Storytelling Event
- Hollywood Fringe Festival
- Max10 at the Electric Lodge
- 2013-14 – The Crowd Crowd Podcast at Turnstyle News | Episode 3 : Opinions on latest Crowd-funding News
- MAY – DEC – NEA 2013 Digital Collaborative Workshop Leader
- JUNE 1 – Gracie and Rose on LaLaLand Talk
- JUNE 1 – Bob Leggett of the Examiner on the Fringe Festival he loves and my Social Media Boot Camp. (warning: video ads)
- MAY 18 – The Social Sell workshop at LA Stage Day
- APR 2 – Panelist at LifeRaft: SAG/AFTRA Foundation Celebrates National Walk Day
- MAR 29 – Guest on Michael Slate’s KPFK radio show, representing client 24th ST Theatre
- MAR 28 – Guest on Surfing Aliens Entertainment Podcast – Promoting your web series
- MAR 17 3pm – Guest on The Geek Supremacy Project w/ Gregory Hall
- MAR 1 – Hypebot quoted & linked to my Kickstarter Notes from LA Makerspace Workshop
- FEB 18 – Learn How to Self-Promote Without Annoying Your Friends in the Examiner.
- FEB 9 – Representing Directors Lab West on LaLaLand Talk
- FEB 9 – Crowdfunding Insider names my Kickstarter Tips post in its top 3 crowd-funding resources.
- JAN 21 – Surfing Aliens posts about guesting on Web Series Watch to talk about his new funding opportunity
- JAN 10 – Web Series Watch mentioned in Turnstyle News article about the IAWTV Awards
- JAN 4- Guest on That Billy Wilson Show
- JAN 7-9th – Special Coverage of IAWTV Awards on Web Series Watch
- DEC 6- Guest on In the Room: A Podcast About Making Theatre, Webseries, and Other Fun Activities that are hazardous to Your Health, a podcast with Joe Luis Cedillo & Greg Machlin (Company of Strangers) . To be posted soon.
- NOV 30th – Shakespeare LA blogged about Funding Fridays: Shakespeare & Geeks
- NOV 29th 7pm PT – Panelist on G+ Hangout: How to Promote Your Content Online
- NOV 24, 2012 at 12pm PT – Guest on LaLaLand Talk to discuss social media marketing & LA Theatre
- OCT 2012 – How to Build Gender Parity Initiatives and Influence Theater by Laura A. Shamas on Howlround
- OCT 1- Co-Host of #Auddev Chat – Audiences’ Preferred Connections. Transcript.
- JUNE 2012 – LA Stage Times coverage of my panels on Moving Arts The Car Plays & Beyond the Press Release workshop
- APR 2012 – Guest on LaLaLand Talk to discuss new plays, outreach and philanthropy
- JUNE 2011 – LA Stage Times interviewed the Director of Voices From Chornobyl Jr. in Hollywood Fringe Festival coverage
- JUNE 2011 – LA Stage Times coverage of Directors Lab West where I ran a (now slightly outdated) Social Media Workshop
- AUG 2011 – Guest on Rant & Banter, podcast from Angry Patrons Radio